Saturday, August 20, 2011

Currently Reading:



I am pretty sure that I stumbled upon the book when I was perusing the Stuff Christians Like blog after clicking on a friend's post on Facebook. Anyway, it was a God thing. I found out about the book and then went to the website where I was able to read the whole first chapter for free. At the time, and still to this day, I have not finished "Searching For God Knows What" but I decided that I needed to purchase and read "Quitter" by Jon Acuff. The subtitle explains it all, "Closing the gap between you DAY JOB and your DREAM JOB. 

I am now about halfway through and the book has helped me many times to see and have a more positive outlook even though the job I currently have is really in no way, shape, or form putting to use my rather expensive degree. 

The book talks about everything from managing your time to involve both your day job and your dream job to explaining how you can make the most out of your day job in terms of relating small aspects of the job to your Dream Job.

After having read only a quarter of the book I probably had mentioned and suggested it to most of my friends and family. If you are interested go here: http://www.quitterbook.com/  and read the first chapter free.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment